Lyft has relaunched its paid Lyft Pink membership program, allowing users to save a minimum of 5% on rides, get a priority pickup, and other benefits.
The first month of Lyft Pink is free, and you can then either pay a monthly fee of $9.99 or choose a yearly payment option of $99.99.
You can access Lyft Pink here.
Lyft Pink Benefits:
- Free Priority Pickup upgrades to get picked up faster and save $3-4 per ride on average
- Exclusive savings with at least 5% off on Lux, Preferred, and XL rides
- Cancellation forgiveness, cancel up to 3 times per month for free
- In-app roadside assistance for your own car, free up to 4 times a year
- Free bike or scooter unlock each month
- Free SIXT car rental upgrades
- Save on food delivery with Grubhub+
Lyft Pink All Access Benefits:
- Free, unlimited 45-min classic bike rides
- Free unlimited ebike and scooter unlocks
- Discounted ebike and scooter rates
- 3 bike or scooter guest passes per year
Lyft doesn’t have its own rewards program, but you can earn Delta SkyMiles or Hilton Honors points for your rides. Also, there are discounts if you pay using select Chase cards.
I used Lyft most recently in Canada. Based on my limited sample, Uber and Lyft prices were all over the map. Sometimes Uber was significantly less and vice versa – you should always compare.
The only downside of Lyft is its limited geographical coverage (US + some Canadian cities), where Uber operates in more countries.
The membership may make sense for someone who uses Lyft a lot. Do the match.
I like that you can earn Delta SkyMiles or Hilton Honors points for Lyft rides, while Uber recently ended their Uber Rewards program altogether.