British Airways launched a double tier points offer for Holiday Package bookings ex-UK in 2021, which it has now extended for the umpteenth time.
Executive Club member travel must take place through December 31, 2023, and the booking must be a minimum of five nights.
You can access this offer on BA’s website here.
Note that this does not apply to pure flight bookings but must include a car or hotel component. The offer applies to existing bookings and is also eligible on British Airways codeshares operated by partners. You must make the booking and travel by December 31, 2023.
1. The booking must be a minimum of 5 nights
2. The car or hotel or both components must be for the duration of the trip
3. Most originate from the UK
And if you book a hotel as part of the Holiday package, it is not eligible for hotel loyalty program points or elite benefits.
For departures before August 24, 2021, this offer was only available for a minimum of two passengers. Now it is also valid for singles.
Many use British Airways Holidays as a cheap “hold” option as you don’t need to pay the “package” at the time of booking, but relatively close to the departure. In addition, you merely forfeit the small deposit if you decide not to complete the purchase.
Also, the reservation qualifies as a Holiday Booking as long as you couple the flight with at least a one-night hotel stay or book a car for a day. Sometimes BA flights can be cheaper if bought as part of a package, and nobody forces you to use the other package component (hotel or car).
This latest BA promotion only applies to genuine Holiday booking, as you need a hotel or car for the duration of the trip.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways Holidays reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.
1. A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:
a) The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the UK only.
b) The booking must contain British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only. Flights not meeting these criteria within the booking won’t be awarded Tier Points. Flights offered as part of a British Airways Holidays package that are provided by other airline partners that do not have a BA flight number will not be eligible.
c) The hotel/car element of the package must be for a minimum of five nights for travel before 31 December 2023.
d) The participant must register their British Airways Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.
2. For the avoidance of doubt this offer does not apply to any British Airways flight only bookings made without a hotel or car or where the hotel or car is added to a booking in a separate transaction.
3. This promotion enables Eligible Participants to receive double Tier Points for all qualifying flights which are part of a Qualifying Booking. British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions and the Executive Club Conditions of Use will apply.
4. Standard Tier Points for the flight elements will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the flight returning to the UK which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the additional Tier Points due as a result of this promotion are added to the standard Tier Points, within 14 working days of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.
5. The additional Tier Points covered by this promotion are non-transferable and there is no cash or credit alternative. British Airways does not accept any liability in the event that the double Tier Points received as a result of this promotion expire. Tier Points expire at the end of each membership year – the anniversary of when you joined the Club. However, they will be added to your Lifetime Tier Points, the total Tier Points you’ve ever earned with the Club. Your membership year-end date and Lifetime Tier Points are on your Account Page.
6. All holiday packages are offered subject to availability.
7. British Airways Holidays booking Terms and Conditions apply. All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways General Conditions of Carriage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.
8. British Airways Holidays reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion at any time and for any reason.
9. Information is correct on 20 December 2022.
10. British Airways Holidays is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third-party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions of this promotion.
11. Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
12. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. The promoter is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No 1777777.