IHG’s loyalty program went through a refresh in 2022 that included a name change (IHG Rewards to IHG One Rewards), the change of top tier from Spire Elite to Diamond with some extra benefits, and the launch of Milestone Rewards.
Unlike with Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Accor, the lounge access is not part of the elite benefits, Royal Ambassador excluded, but must be chosen as one of the Milestone Rewards at 40 or 70 nights.
You can access IHG’s page for Milestone Rewards here.
READ MORE: IHG One Rewards Rate & Bonus Points Offers
I chose the Annual Lounge Membership as my 40-night option, and the pass is valid through the end of the current year (December 31, 2023).
My account became eligible for the 70 nights Milestone Rewards in late December, but I decided to wait a few days to choose it to see how IHG handles the lounge pass expiry if selected right after the new year.
The T&Cs are clear on this, but you never know IHG works at the end:
Once selected, Lounge Membership reward is valid for the rest of this calendar year, plus an additional 12 months thereafter.
So, Lounge Membership chosen as a Milestone Reward in 2023 should be valid through the end of 2024 (essentially 24 months).
You have 90 days to choose the Milestone Reward from the date it is earned. If you don’t make your selection, the award expires unused, and you get nothing.
The two confirmable Suite Upgrades are pretty valuable for me, as I can use them to guarantee a suite at one of the better IHG brands, such as InterContinental or Regent.
So, I chose the Suite Upgrades and Annual Lounge Membership.
And they were deposited into my account.
For once, the IHG’s Milestone Rewards worked as the T&Cs indicate. Therefore, the Annual Lounge pass selected on January 1, 2023, is valid for the current and the following year through December 31, 2024!
IHG Program Refresh & Milestone Rewards:
The Annual Lounge membership is an excellent feature of IHG One Rewards, as the lounge access at IHG’s brands was previously excluded at all tier levels except Royal Ambassador.
If you are 100% sure about your nights and can time them correctly, you can make the Annual Lounge membership choice every two years.
The Annual Lounge Pass Rules:
Annual Lounge Membership
You and one guest will enjoy exclusive Club Lounge access during your stays at participating hotels.
For you and 1 guest
Once selected, Lounge Membership reward is valid for the rest of this calendar year, plus an additional 12 months thereafter
How it works
- Your Annual Lounge Membership reward will be in your Rewards Wallet, accessible via the IHG One Rewards app or website.
- At check-in, show the front desk your Annual Lounge Membership reward.
- Club Lounge access will be added to your room key or you will be provided with other access instructions.
- Download the IHG One Rewards app to easily show your Annual Lounge Membership reward at the front desk.
- Your Club Lounge access only applies to you and one guest for the duration of your stay or until time of check-out.
- Club Lounge access is not available at all properties.
- Prior to expiration, there is no limit to the number of times you can use your Annual Lounge Membership reward.
- Club Lounge access is only provided to hotel guests and expires at check-out.
- Club Lounge access can be restricted due to renovations, closures or other facility limitations.
- Club Lounge food & beverage offerings and additional amenities vary by region and hotel.
- Club Lounge access does not include Club REGENT or Club InterContinental amenities or services beyond the physical lounge.
- Lounge Membership reward can only be used at participating IHG® Hotels & Resorts. Please see the IHG One Rewards Membership Terms & Conditions for full benefit details.