United is the last carrier to announce their bonus offer for fall/winter 2012 transatlantic trips between the United States and London Heathrow. There are identical offers from American Airlines, British Airways, and Delta.
This offer is valid for tickets issued after October 4th for travel between October 4 and January 31, 2012. You need to register for this promotion prior to your travel. Only first, business, and flexible economy class fares are eligible for these bonus miles.
Bonus miles earned
1. 1st trip = 15K bonus miles
2. 2nd trip = 35K bonus miles
3. 3rd and subsequent trips = 50K bonus miles per trip
If you haven’t been ticketed in first or business class, you have to be very careful about the booking class that for economy must be either Y or B.
The transatlantic carriers are offering very attractive mileage promotions for first, business, and high economy fares at the moment. Is the traffic becoming soft?
Here are the terms and conditions of this United offer:
- To qualify, register on united.com before travel, then purchase and complete paid qualifying roundtrips between the U.S. and London Heathrow on flights marketed and operated by United.
- Offer valid on paid qualifying roundtrips in United Global First, United BusinessFirst and full-fare Economy fares (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y and B booking classes).
- Offer valid on tickets purchased between October 4, 2012, and January 31, 2013, with travel completed between October 4, 2012, and January 31, 2013.
- MileagePlus members can earn 15,000 bonus award miles for the first qualifying roundtrip, 35,000 bonus award miles for the second qualifying roundtrip and 50,000 bonus award miles for each additional roundtrip.
- There is no limit to the number of bonus miles that may be earned with this promotion.
- Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier® status, and do not apply to class-of-service, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.
- Offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city. Open jaw and circle trip itineraries do not qualify.
- Bonus is not combinable with other non-combinable bonus offers.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- Electronic ticket purchase is required. Tickets purchased in the U.S. through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. For complete details about the program, visit united.com/mileageplus.