Starwood’s Pay Your Birth Year offers a discount where you pay a full rate for the first night and then your birth year (last two digits) for the second and the third night. Some hotels will add $100 for the rate of the second and the third night (see the terms and conditions below). This offer applies to stays of two or three nights depending of the hotel. According to the terms and conditions, you are not allowed to have consecutive reservations under this offer. You can access this offer here.
This rate is not offered at all Starwood hotels and is not always available as some blackout dates apply. The current offer expires on December 31, 2012, but these rates have been available for quite some time. It is likely that Starwood will extend the offer in some form early 2013.
The rate is offered in North America. The pull down menu lets you choose between United States, Canada, The Caribbean, Netherlands Antilles and French Polynesia. The latter one is most definitely not in North America.
The current promotional codes that Starwood uses for this offer are BRTHYR and DAYBAR on the internet and NRB over the phone. Starwood has previously associated this rate with a promotion code PAYAGE.
It is easy to see the dates when the rate is available using the availability calendar.
Here are some rate examples:
Le Meridien Versailles Montreal
Their lowest prepaid rate is $125 and the Pay Your Birth Year rate is $169. If you were born earlier than 1981, the Pay Your Birth Year rate offers a lower rate for a two night stay. For three night stay, the average rate for a person born in 1981 would be $110.
The rate is not available on dates I checked in December. This hotel seems to have a nasty resort fee of $40.
Westin Bonaventure Los Angeles
This hotel only allows Thursday to Sunday arrivals using this rate. The Pay Your Birth Year offer $179 is $10 higher than Best Flexible rate. The lowest available rate is $135. As long as you are born earlier than 1991, the promotional rate offers lower average daily rate.
Four Points Punta Cana
Rate is offered but not available in any date before the end of the year.
The good thing about this rate is that it is not prepaid. Make sure that you check the cancellation penalties, but most hotels seem to allow it until the day of arrival or day before.
This SPG Pay Your Birth Year rate promotion may work for you on stays of two or three nights. The earlier you were born in the 20th century the better.
Just a reminder that you should always check ALL the different rate codes and not to rely this one to be the lowest.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer is valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts in North America for stays booked and consumed before December 31, 2012.
- Advance reservations are required and may be made online or by calling 877-782-0108 and mentioning Promotion Code NBR.
- This offer is valid for stays of two or more nights. Rate discount applies only to the second night. Select properties may allow this discount to apply to the second and third nights. Best available rate prevails thereafter.
- Length of stay requirements may vary by participating hotel. Please see individual property terms and conditions for details. (moved to a new line)
- The rate at certain hotels for the second and third nights of the stay will be $100 + the value of the guest’s birth year. For example, if the guest’s birth year is 1970, then the rate for the 2nd and 3rd night would be $170 per night. Properties that charge $100 + Birth Year include, but are not limited to:
- Hotel Ivy, Minneapolis
- Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
- The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, Vermont
- The Fairfax at Embassy Row, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Washington, D.C.
- The Liberty Hotel, Boston
- The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel
- The New York Helmsley Hotel
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, Hollywood, Florida
- The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Tremblant
- W Atlanta – Midtown
- W Atlanta – Buckhead
- W Chicago – City Center
- W Chicago – Lakeshore
- W Dallas – Victory
- W Fort Lauderdale
- W Retreat & Spa – Vieques Island
- The rates for the second and third night of stay will be confirmed at check-in upon presentation of valid ID and confirmation of birth year. Please note that your ID will not be photocopied and your birth date will not be added to our records.
- The rate for reservations containing multiple rooms will vary based on the age of the oldest adult staying in each room. Valid ID and confirmation is required for the oldest guest staying in each room.
- Must be 18 or older to participate in this promotion.
- Consecutive reservations for this offer will not be honored.
- Stay and arrival restrictions may apply. Please see individual property terms and conditions for details.
- Reservation rates are quoted in local currency and are subject to currency fluctuations.
- Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
- A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
- Offer not applicable to groups
- Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
- Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates